Sunday, November 05, 2006

weird event

Once again, after a long time of no see... i´ll add up my blog. Up to now if been working my ass of to get this play working. Today we had the tech and i was actually really suprised how stage, light and costumes did eventually come together to a great whole some. Everybody did a great job on their behalfe. Actually i was about to write about yesterday because it was a weird confusing day to me. I worked at the theater till three and then met up with John to sort of wonder about finding my way through this huge place. I wanted to head for Soho and walk to China town where i hoped to find an art store... but we got very very stuck in the underground and when we got off, found ourselves next to Brooklyn Bridge...we walked into the finacial district had lunch (John did, i had a cappucino) and went on looking for canal street -where the art shop is supposedly- well as john is not the greatest in directing you about we could neither find canal street nor the art shop...but we walked down a pretty busy street and reach a place which appered to me even from far away very deserted for a place like New York -where every single spot is occupied with somekind of weird building-. But coming closer made things worse...the deserted area looked like a huge gap, like a tooth had fallen out. After a while i realised we where at ground zero. This idea made me -all of a sudden- feel really sad. We walked around the gap and i saw the Memorial Place, where people crowded to look at the pictures and the time line of happenings at 9/11. Loads of them had tears in their eyes, some where crying. This atmosphere was really overwhelming and i wanted to leave as i didn´t feel like joining in into this weird mass sadness. well what struck me as bewildering and scary at the same time: The other towers around the ex-World-Trade-Center are really close, so it made me wonder, all those people who were working there on 9/11 must have had the "perfect" sight on the crash which must have been devastating. I doubt that i could have gone back to work after a couple of days off. I doubt that i would be able to go back into a skyscraper ever again. well, but then i suppose live goes on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home