Thursday, November 09, 2006

weird day part 2

I found it somehow amusing how in every big city, people seem to use the subway as this sort of platform yelling, shouting and raging for aknowledgement about all sort of stuff, but mostly religion, poverty, "spießer" or corporate america. Yesterday i experienced a very special and once again weird situation. Sitting on the L train to go and fetch a theater knife, this girl asks for the attention of everyone. Starting to explain that being a believer doesn´t have anything to do with being righteous or a good person but rather your personal realtionship to jesus. She didn´t make that much of an unusal point for the "subway-stage-peformance". But then she asked the people on the train to pray with her...and suprisinly people started actually praying with her out loud. It took me a while to figure out, that they all belonged to the same weird group. After praying ("jesus please come into my heart and help me to be good" - i thought this was NOT about being good???) the people of this group eventually split off into little groups, to start random conversations with people -using the underground to get from A to B- which now really started to annoy me. Having to listen to these bullshit blurbs is exhausting enough. But why to i have to deal with someone who is trying to draw me into this awkwardly privat talk about believing or rather not believing on the subway??? People can be so ignorant. Getting off the train became worse, as now this weird guy -who was annoyed by the group as well- was trying to get me into a conversation by saying: "I should have told them i came to New York City for the sin." I felt like screaming: "leave me alone this is not a better way to chatt people up, go home" going on the underground is always such an experience ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home