Friday, December 08, 2006

killing someone seems like a joke, compared to nearly get killed yourself

You know Tom Waits, as a musician, he's briliant. I just discovered, that a couple of weeks ago. Matt gave me three Tom Waits albums. Blood Money sound-illustrates Buechners Woyzeck. So i was on the X12 (bus), riding home. I was listening to 'God is away for buisness', which at that very moment alienated me from reality. I got off at Fordham Plaza and found myself within a group of very agressiv, young men, all facing me. They were all wearing skimasks or trying to hide their faces otherwise. I didn´t really feel all nice and comfortable, standing in this gang-like group. So i kept walking, but had to stop at the next raffic light. I sensed a hectic movement as soon as i stopped, turned around and saw these guys running down the road for about 32ft and then very abruptly turning and running towards the bus - which doors just closed. Now the group split, which caused a traffic turmoil. I was shocked, to see them take out weapons, first looking like guns, but quickly i realised they were 'just' big knifes. Obviously they wanted to stab someone, who was on that bus. They surrounded the bus and tried to break open the doors. This caused stress inside the bus. I crossed, as soon as i could, the street and quickly left the scenery. I wasn't scared or anything, within this very moment, but after a while thinking about what happened...i'm not sure if i wanted that much of a New York experience. That is worse, then having a cockroach in the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home