Thursday, February 08, 2007

stranger than paradise

Mhhh my first entry since days. After having had a terrible jet lag and then being sick, I recovered now -back in Berlin- able to spend time on my beloved blogg. It s weird to be back. Frankfurt, for the first time, seemed tiny and like a film set compared to the vibe of the city New York. Visiting Heidelberg for a day, made it worse, gave me the impression I m on a set design of a Hollywood movie about Germany. Being back in Berlin, kinda gave me back a right perspective. But looking around me a lot of things don’t seem to be distinct German anymore or maybe to distinct. The attitude of “white trash” in Germany for example seemed to be in your face, obvious. But I have never thought about it. And looking to Eastern Europe, everything seemed smaller, more trashy and cheap over there anyways, but now from a perspective even further west? Germany is pretty trashy at times…Ostig eben.
Well anyways, Nadine and Paul moved out I moved in. They got themselves a nice pretty big three-bedroom apartment in Kreuzberg - Wrangelkiez. But and it is a but, it is coal oven heating. I really enjoyed building little heaps of wood, paper and briquettes. Nadine had to light it though. But to do it every day???? Every day???? I felt like back in the days. It s stranger than paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home