Thursday, December 28, 2006

so that was 2006 huh ???

kind a lame huh, the year went by just like that. The older I get the quicker time runs. And thanks for the worrying mails from Germany, I did have a nice chrismukka. Looking back on this year makes me happy/sad. But hey, looking back at the end of something always does that, right. John and I talked about New Years resolutions and he told me. that he doesn't like them because one forgets them on new years day alright. But he started to find topics for the years. For example 2006 was his year of reason and it apparently really was. So looking back now, I tried to find a topic under which my personal 2006 could be seen. And it works. 2006 was the year of emancipation. Emancipation from habits, neurosis, pattern, blockades. New York actually added the icing to the cake of emancipation. And artistic emancipation. And I’m not trying to suggest: I am all done, I can settle, I totally know what I’m doing. But I think I found the little tiny bit of creative potential that I didn’t trust in for a long time. But hey…No. I do have it and it’s sure useful. I can actually trust my aesthetic instinct. For some reason I find myself on an up-town train. So there could be a new topic for next year. Maybe the year of focus….
Hell I’m happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home