Monday, January 08, 2007

‘Homeland Security sucks’ and ‘Spend, if you love your country’

I got a letter by the Homeland security. Are you a terrorist? Do you have connections to Al Quaida? Please hand in a medical test by either of the following doctors. Pay 150$, then we might extend your visa and no the fee is not refundable.
“huh?, thank you. I’ll leave the country and no don’t force me. I’ll be gone by the 27th and spend my money in a different country.” Weird thing, to come in contact with an organization called Homeland Security and at the same time, working on a theater piece with the exact same title. Funny how I find myself in a country with corrupt police forces, violent teenagers, drug problems and their concern seems to be German females in their 20th. Me who is not even earning but only spending money. As it says in one of my favorite songs ‘spend money if you love your country’. Funny too, how the play is concerned with the fact that they have money establish Homeland Security but their youth isn’t save. And funny, or rather ironically and sad how just before I applied for the visa extension a young man Sean Bell was shot. By accident, without having committed a crime, without carrying a gun, by a cop, on his wedding day. On his f***ing wedding day. I’m speechless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home